The 2 day course
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect your own and others mental health
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding
Day 1 Session 1 Content
Why Mental Health First Aid?
The Mental Health First Aid action plan
What is mental health?
Impact of mental health issues
Stigma and discrimination
What is depression?
Symptoms of depression
Risk factors for depression
Depression in the workplace
Day 1 Session 2 Content
Alcohol, drugs and mental health
First aid for suicidal crisis
Non-judgmental listening skills
First aid for depression
Treatment and resources for depression
Day 2 Session 3 Content
What is an anxiety disorder?
First aid for anxiety disorders
Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
Cognitive distortions and CBT
Day 2 Session 4 Content
What is psychosis?
Risk factors for psychosis
Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
Warning signs of developing psychosis
Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
Treatment and resources for psychosis
Recovery and building resources
Action planning for using MHFA
Everyone who completes the course will receive a certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider. Attendees will also receive a mental health manual to refer to and workbook to help support your own and your colleague’s mental health.
Find out more and book now!
We only supply this course to businesses right now, but we will have open courses soon!